Carstay Co. Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Company”), through the website “Carstay” operated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as “Site”) and services on the Site (hereinafter referred to as “Services”), shall collect the information relating to members or users of the Site and/or the Services (such members or users, hereinafter referred to as “Members”, and such information, hereinafter referred to as “Member Information”) according to the following:
Article 1 (General Provisions)
1 In order to protect the Member Information, the Company will comply with the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations and endeavor to appropriately handle and protect the Member Information, including personal information.
Article 2 (Information to be Obtained)
1 The Company may acquire the following Member Information that may contain personal information as defined in Paragraph 1, Article 2 of the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) on the Carstay Services.
(1) Information provided by Members (hereinafter referred to as the “Membership Information”): The Company shall acquire the name, nationality, e-mail address, vehicle information (vehicle number, image, etc.), account information of the financial institution, and other information related to Members as required by the Company.
(2) Information collected by the Company when using Carstay Services:
(i) Device information:
When Members use the Carstay Services on a device or a mobile device, the Company may collect device information (such as ID information that can identify the device) used by such Members in order to maintain and improve the Carstay Services or to prevent fraud.
(ii) Log information, history of usage, and information on service usage:
In order to maintain and improve the Carstay Services or prevent fraud, the Company may collect information that is automatically generated and stored when using the Carstay Services, such as, IP address, request date and time, Members' history accessing the Carstay Services, and Members' log information status.
(iii) Cookie and anonymous ID:
The Carstay Services may use a technology called ‘Cookie’ or other similar technology. Cookie is an industry-standard technology in which web servers identify Members' computers. Cookie may identify Members' computers but may not identify Members individually. Cookie function may be disabled by changing the settings on the device setting, however, by doing so, some part or all of the Carstay Services may not be available.
2 The Company shall acquire Member Information properly without falsifying or other improper means. In addition, in the event the Company obtains Member Information by a method other than acquiring it through the use of the Carstay Services, the Company shall notify or publicly announce the purpose of its use in advance.
Article 3 (Purpose of Use)
1 The Company will appropriately handle the Member Information obtained through the use of the Carstay Services within the scope of the objectives set forth below. Without Members' consent, the Company will never use the Member Information for any purpose other than the purposes set out in this Policy.
|Purpose of use||Description||Information to be used|
|To provide, maintain and improve the Carstay Services||- to verify Members' personal identification and prevent unauthorized use of the Carstay Services|
- to provide, maintain, and improve the Carstay Services smoothly
- to provide the Carstay Services
- to provide services to Members within the scope of entrustment by the Members in the Carstay Services
・ Device information
・ Log information, action history, and information about service usage
・ Cookie and anonymous ID
|To provide notice and response||・to provide notices about the Carstay Services and respond to inquiries|
・to notify significant information regarding the usage of the Carstay Services, such as, change in the term of this Policy, or termination, suspension or cancellation of the Carstay Services
|・ Name and e-mail address|
2 The Company may revise the purpose of use provided for in the preceding paragraph to the extent that such revision is deemed to be reasonably related to the original purpose of use, upon which the Company shall notify Members of such revision or post such revision on the Site operated in an easy to understand manner.
Article 4 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
The Company may, within the scope of the purpose of the Carstay Services, disclose part of the Membership Information to other Members registered with the Carstay Services. Provided, however, that the Company shall not disclose the Membership Information without the authorization of Members. Members, who do not wish that their information to be disclosed should stop using the Carstay Services immediately.
Article 5 (Provision to Third Parties)
1 In principle, the Company shall not provide Member Information to a third party without the consent of Members. However, in the following circumstances, Member Information may be provided without Members' consent to a third party, to the extent that such provision does not violate any applicable law and regulations.
(1) When it is based on laws or regulations
(2) When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of an individual and consent from the Member is difficult to obtain.
(3) When it is necessary for improving public health or ensuring the well-being of children and consent from the Member is difficult to obtain.
(4) When it is necessary for cooperating with government agencies, local public bodies, or any agents thereof, in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining Members' consent is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
(5) When the Member Information is succeeded due to the Company being merged, split, transferred or any other similar business transactions.
2 In the event the Member Information is provided to a third party based on the consent of Members, the Company shall prepare and retain records relating to the following matters:
(1) that prior consent of Members has been obtained.
(2) the name or identity of such third party and other matters sufficient to identify such third party.
(3) the name of individual identifiable by the Member Information or other mater sufficient to identify such individual.
(4) the details of such Member Information.
3 Notwithstanding Article 5.1 herein, the Company may, upon notifying the Personal Information Protection Commission, provide Personal Information contained in the Member Information to a third party by e-mail or other means for the purpose of such provision to the third party. Provided that if Members do not wish their Personal Information to be provided to a third party, the provision to the third party shall be suspended upon requested by Members pursuant to Article 11.
4 In the event the Company provides Personal Information to a third party pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall prepare and retain records relating to the following matters.
(1) the date on which the said Personal Information was provided.
(2) the name or identity of such third party and other matters sufficient to identify such third party.
(3) the name of the individual identifiable by the Personal Information or other mater sufficient to identify such individual.
(4) the details of such Personal Information.
Article 6 (Outsourcing)
The Company may outsource the handling or management of Member Information, in whole or in part, to a third party to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use. Upon which the Company will in advance execute a confidentiality agreement with the third party, containing the terms and conditions that conform to the provisions of this Policy and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure proper and safe management of the Member Information
Article 7 (Sharing)
The Company may share Member Information obtained from Members, to the extent necessary for the provision of affiliated service, with its affiliated business partners or other third parties. In this event, the Company shall publicly announce in advance the items of information to be shared, the scope of the third parties, the purpose of use of the third parties, and the name or identity of the person responsible for the management of such information.
Article 8 (Information Collection Module)
The Carstay Services may incorporate the following information-gathering modules selected by the Company to analyze information on the usage of the Carstay Services and for advertising effectiveness related to the Carstay Services and other services. Accordingly, the Company may provide Member Information to providers of the information-gathering modules. These information-gathering modules collect Member Information but do not collect any information that identifies Members personally. The information collected is managed in accordance with the privacy policies and other terms and conditions established by the respective providers. The following is the details of the gathering modules used in the Services.
Name: Google Analytics
Provider: Google Inc.
Article 9 (Behavioral Targeting Advertisements)
1 Upon providing Carstay Services, the Company may gather or store the following information by using information-gathering module as prescribed in preceding article for the purpose of implementation of a targeting advertisement which distributes advertisements based on needs or interests of Members.
(1) Information on action history and service usage status (information such as the history of usage of the Carstay Services, such information is used for analysis of Members' needs, interests etc. which does not identify Members specifically).
(2) Device information.
Name: Google AdSense
Provider: Google Inc.
Article 10 (Security Management System)
1 For the purpose of preventing any leakage, loss or damage of Member Information, the Company shall take necessary and appropriate measures to securely manage Member Information by allowing only minimal and limited access to files containing Personal Information, maintaining access logs, and installing security software.
2 The Company appoints its Representative Director as the person in charge to properly manage Member Information and to continuously make improvements in the quality of such management.
Article 11 (Rights of Members relating to Member Information)
We will appropriately respond to measures such as disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use (Hereinafter referred to as "disclosure, etc.") of member information on our company services to the extent provided by laws and regulations. However, if our company is not obliged to comply with these obligations under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations, if requests with the same content are repeated many times without justifiable grounds, or if excessive technical work is required, it may not be possible to carry out these procedures.
If you would like to request disclosure of personal information held by our company, please follow the procedure below.
1. Application Method
(2) Please note that we cannot accept requests for procedures in the following cases.
- Omission of a document
- Omission of seal
- Lack of verification documents required for disclosure※ In the case of the above, please be aware that you will need to re-send the confirmation document.
(3) When you send an application form, please write "Application form for disclosure etc is in red letters" on the envelope.
2. Identity verification
(1) Please enclose one of the following documents (within the expiration date) as identification documents when you mail your application for personal information disclosure, etc.
- Certificate of residence or residence card (issued within one month prior to the date of application)
- Copy of the driver's license
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the health insurance card
- Copy of the pension book
(2) If the application is by proxy, please enclose the following documents in addition to the documents in (1) above.
A.In the case of a statutory representative
― Documents to confirm the authority of statutory representation
(A copy of the registration, a copy of the health insurance card, or a certificate of residence showing the relation of support) 1 copy
― Documents to confirm the identity of the legal representative
(Any document mentioned in (1) above concerning a statutory representative) 1 copy
B.In the case of a privately appointed agent
― Power of attorney 1 copy
― Documents to confirm the identity of the agent
（Any of the documents mentioned in (1) above concerning the agent） 1 copy
A fee of 1,000 yen is required for each application. When you send necessary documents such as application for disclosure of personal information by mail, please enclose a "fixed amount postal money order" of 1,000 yen.
4. Mailing address
Once you have all the documents ready, please send them to the following address by registered mail with delivery attestation.
502 Sakurabiru 1-6-15 Nishikanagawa Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken
Carstay Co. Ltd
To User Information Manager
※Please pay the postage when you mail it.
5. How to answer
We will respond in writing to the address of the person subject to disclosure or the address of the applicant.
Article 12 (Revision)
1 The Company uses commercially reasonable efforts to continuously review and improve the handling of Member Information and may revise this Policy from time to time as necessary.
2 The Company will notify Members of any revisions to this Policy by announcing such revisions on the Site or through other means that can be easily accessed and viewed. However, if the Company is required by applicable laws or regulations to obtain Members' consent in order for the Company to make certain revisions, then the Company will obtain Members' consent in a manner separately established by the Company.
Article 13 (Inquiries)
The Company will strive to protect the Personal Information by ensuring that its officers and employees fully understand the purpose and intentions of this Policy and carry out their day-to-day operations with the utmost care. For any inquiries regarding our handling of Member Information, including any suggestions, questions, complaints or comments, please contact the Company at the following: